Gambling Commission – “Prize competitions and free draws are free from control under the Gambling Act 2005. They can be run for commercial or private gain and can be used as a fun way of offering prizes and promoting a product”
What is a prize competition?
A genuine prize competition is one where the outcome is determined by the application of skill, judgement and knowledge. Under the Act a genuine prize competition is one run in such a way that the organisers believe that the requirement for skill, knowledge or judgement will either:
- Deter a significant proportion of those who wish to enter from doing so, or
- Prevent a significant proportion of those who do enter from winning a prize.
CAP code on Prize Promotions
How to participate; if there is a free entry route, this must be clearly explained;
In order for people to take part in Holiday4Change prize competition, they are required to be a member. Membership is only applicable on Holiday4Change website. Once a person is on our website, (Holiday4change.co.uk) they will be given the option to register and become a member. Once that individual is a member, every first Tuesday of every month a puzzle or picture will be displayed on our website requiring them to solve it as a way of members to participate. The first 100 to get it right are automatically entered.
The start date; the closing date in certain circumstances (e.g. if targeted at children);
The prize competitions are hosted on our website every Tuesday at 7pm. The competition closes the following Monday at 8pm
Any proof of purchase requirements – or, where a promotion encourages but does not require purchase, a clear statement that no purchase is necessary and explanation of the free entry alternative.
Holiday4change doesn’t offer a free alternative.
The minimum number and nature of any prizes, and whether a cash alternative can be substituted.
£100 Love2shop Holiday gift Card, minimum one gift card a week No Cash alternative will be given out at any point.
Any geographical, personal or technological restrictions (e.g. location, age, or the need to have access to the internet).
Holiday4Change members must be a minimum of 18 years old in order to enter into the prize competition. Furthermore, only UK, Channel Island and Isle of Man members can participate. In addition, once a member you will be required to have access to the internet in order to solve the puzzle or answer the question. Failure to do so will result in you not taking part that month; however, you will still be charged your membership fee.
Any limit on the availability of promotional packs (if this is not obvious).
The promoter’s full name and business address;
Holiday4Change Ltd. Unit 1 Tudor Court, Banks Yards, Nottingham, United Kingdom NG6 8FE.
Any restriction on the number of entries;
1 entry per competition per week.
How and when the winner(s) will be notified, and when they will receive their prizes if this is more than 6 weeks after the closing date;
Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner (s) via the email address provided by the member and confirmation shall also be made via TEXT message within 5 working days of the results. (if phone number is provided)
How and when the results will be announced;
The winner of the prize will be announced on Social Media and our Website on Thursday at 8pm.
Winners’ names must be published or available upon request, but promoters must not publish excessively detailed personal information.
Holiday4change will only use the first name of the individual who has won, after we have been in touch with the winner then we will seek request to use other information, such as full name, photo, etc.
The criteria for judging entries e.g. the most apt and original tie breaker;
Refer to the prize competition details.
Who will own the copyright in the competition entries (if relevant)?
Holiday4Change will own the copyright of the competition entries.
How entries will be returned (if applicable).
Holiday4Change will not return any entries.
Any intention to use winners in any post promotion publicity.
Holiday4change will seek any request from the winner in order to use them for any promotion publicity.
Holiday4Change Prize Competition: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prize competition is open only to the active members of Holiday4change.
- To register an individual as a member of Holiday4change, you need to enter into one of the payment plans available: 1 month for £4.99; 3 months for £7.99; 6 months for £14.99; or 12 months for £24.99. For continuance of membership, choose the desired payment plan and pay accordingly.
- Participation for a member shall be placed on hold if it becomes apparent at any time, that the member is in arrears with their membership payments. If after 60 days the account is still in default, the membership shall be discontinued.
- Holiday4change reserves the right to award more than one member the Love2shop Holiday gift card, at which point, the amount on the gift card for the additional winners, shall be discretionary to Holiday4change.
- Any additional winners in receipt of the gift shall be chosen on the standard prize competition rules.
- Holiday4change’s liability shall be limited to the point after which the prize winner receives their gift voucher.
- Prize competition details form part of these terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the UK, Channel Island and Isle of Man except employees (and their immediate family members) of Holiday4change Limited, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the prize competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over on the date of registration to Holiday4change membership.
- Disclosure of proof of identity and age may be required and must be provided when requested, failure to do this will result in membership termination.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification, and any prizes won shall be revoked.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the prize competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated in the prize competition details, they are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including any necessary travel documents, passports and visas. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions.
- Holiday4Change reserves the right to amend or alter the terms of the prize competitions and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, Holiday4change reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner(s) agree(s) to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of county of residence and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests by Holiday4change Limited relating to any post-winning publicity.
- Unless stated otherwise, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from the correct entries received by the closing date as stated within the promotional material.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner(s). If the winner(s) cannot be contacted or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Holiday4change reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random, or in the event that the promotion is being judged, Holiday4change reserves the right to offer the prize to the runner(s)-up selected by the same judges or to withhold the price completely.
- Reasonable time for the purposes of these terms and conditions shall be 10 business days commencing the first business day after the announcement of the winner.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing to the winner (s) via the email address provided by the member and confirmation shall also be made via TEXT message within 5 working days of the results.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize, the discretion at this point will lie with Holiday4change.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision. Prize Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time within the terms and conditions. Upon amendment of the prize competition rules, new terms and conditions will be sent out to every member with highlights over the new changes.
- In the event of a discrepancy between the standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry or prize competition), the details of the promotional material as reasonably interpreted by Holiday4change shall prevail.
- All holiday booking must be made through Love2shop Holiday team. Details are found on the website link.
- All personal information which will be collected will only be used for contracting purposes.
- Holiday4change doesn’t issue refunds once payment has been made.
How to Enter
Every Tuesday at 7.00pm a new Spot the Destination game is launched on our website. The game will close the following Monday at 8.00pm. To enter the prize competition, play Spot the Destination within the time frame
Claiming the Prize
- If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 10 business days from the date we send out the initial confirmation to claim your prize by responding to the email. If you do not claim the prize by this date, you will no longer be entitled to the prize.
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- We will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their prize within 10 business days of the Notification Date/Announcement Date, we reserve the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- We do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
Data Protection and Publicity
- If you are the winner of the competition, by entering into this competition you consent to us using your personal information in order to publish the fact that you have won. This may include your name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by us or our agents and suppliers for the purpose of administering the competition.
Winner is announced every Thursday at 8.00pm.
A team from Holiday4change will go into the public with a camera crew, approaching randomly 5 individuals to select 2 numbers each between one and the amount of members who have taken part and answered correctly(in order to be entered you need to have answered 4 out of 5 correctly).
From the 10 numbers selected at random, another new member of the public shall be chosen at random to select 3 finalists.
Lastly, one lucky random individual shall have the honor of selecting our winner for the prize.
The winner of the prize will be announced on Social Media and our Website
The winner(s) of the Holiday4change weekly competitions shall each receive a Love2shop Holiday gift card.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.